The basic objective of the Montessori school is to help the child acquire the self confidence and inner motivation he needs in order to fulfill his highest potential. Emphasis is placed on:
- Freedom for the child within the limits of the “prepared environment”
- Ordered learning exercises which are self-correcting and motivate the child to active and concentrated participation
- Self-directed activities which stress an individual, rather than a group approach to learning
- Cultural awareness through exposure to the world of nature, the fine arts and literature
- Social growth through learning to share and cooperate with others…that respect for each other’s rights and individuality which promotes harmony and a spirit of community.