“The most important period of life………..is the first one, the period from birth to age six,” said Dr. Montessori “For that is the time when man’s intelligence itself, his greatest implement, is being formed.”
The programs at the Montessori School St. Clair are offered to children between the ages of 2 1/2 through Kindergarten. These programs prepare children for life. At this age, children actively learn at a tremendous rate, a stage Dr. Maria Montessori called “the period of absorbent mind”. Our programs emphasizes independence and self-sufficiency, where children learn “practical life” skills such as cleaning, food preparation and caring for others.
Our programs are designed to help children thrive academically, socially, and psychologically. Our students follow a rigorous Montessori curriculum that sets expectations far higher than the standard, state-approved curriculum. The learning program is personalized and catered to individual learning styles. Children work at their own pace ensuring that they meet these expectations. In the Primary and Extended day programs, children take an active role in maintaining their environment, which is divided into four main areas: practical life, sensorial, language and mathematics.
Children begin to read and write through a variety of activities. They learn about their world by studying the continents, animals, plants, and other cultures. They work with concrete materials to learn mathematical concepts including the decimal system, geometry and fractions.
We inspire learners to boldly and creatively shape their future.“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies but the first one – the period from birth to the age of six”. – Maria Montessori
We look forward to meeting and assisting you in the process of finding the right school for your child and family.
Tours and Information
We highly recommend visiting the Montessori School St. Clair.
We phase-in children year round, September through April.
Questions about Admissions?
Send an email to Mary Sharkey, Head Directress
or give us a call at 618-235-4289
2017 -2018 Tuition and Fees Payment Information
Primary Tuition (Half Day Program) $4,950.00 8:30 am to 11:50 pm
Extended Day Tuition (Full Day) $6,950.00 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Before and After Care $5.25 per hour
Application Fee $25.00 one time fee
Registration Fee: $150.00 one time fee
Snack Fees $150.00 yearly
AMI Fees $25.00 yearly
Activity/Field Trip Fee $125.00 yearly
- School year begins Wednesday, September 5, 2018
- Payments must be made by the 1st of each month.
- Late fees will be applied to payments that are received after the 15th of the month.
- June 1, 2018 ($500.00 non-refundable deposit is due)
- Your first tuition payment is due September 1, 2018.
- Sibling Discount: 5% off for each additional child enrolled paid in full
- Military Discount: 3% off your total tuition paid in full
- Pay-in-Full by September 1, 2017: 3% Discount off tuition due (Discount does not apply to yearly fees or $500.00 deposit)
- Referral Discount: Receive $100.00 off last tuition payment. Please notify office if you were referred by a family or if you referred a new family to our school.